Locate Avast in Control Panel or Settings and click on Uninstall/Repair. Its uninstall wizard should open with several options such as Update, Repair, Modify, and Uninstall. Select Repair and click Next in order to fix the installation of the program.
How do I fix my Avast Free Antivirus Windows 10?
This article will show you how to fix Avast issues on Windows 10 and what version of the antivirus to install.
5. Avast won’t start
- Go to Start and type control panel.
- Launch Control Panel and go to Programs.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Select Avast, then Repair.
Why Avast is not installing in my PC?
Try the following solutions: Close all other applications and antivirus software that may be running in the background, then download the file again using the relevant link from this article. If you continue to experience issues downloading the Avast setup file, contact Avast Support.
Why is Avast not opening on my laptop?
Check Avast Installation
If properly installed, the Avast app will appear in the list of Apps and Features on Windows. If it’s not opening, you may need to verify that the app is properly installed, activated, and up to date. Right-click Start > Apps & Features.
Why has my Avast stopped working?
Uninstall the Avast antivirus,
Then, choose Avast antivirus and click the Uninstall option. Make sure that you run the Uninstall utility. Next, make sure to reboot your computer to safe mode to delete the files and registry entries by going through why is my Avast not Working steps.
Does Avast cause problems with Windows 10?
One of the frequent Avast Antivirus issues in Windows 10 is when the Action Center doesn’t recognize Avast. In such a case, you will get pop-up messages in the down right side of your screen saying “Windows Defender and Avast Antivirus are both turned off,’ or ‘Windows did not find an antivirus program“.
How do I install Avast Antivirus on Windows 10?
Run the Avast installer
- Run the Avast installer. Click the downloaded file at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Confirm the installation. Click “Yes” on the system dialog window to approve the start of your Avast installation.
- Follow setup instructions. Click the button in the installer window to begin installation.
How long does it take to install Avast free antivirus?
It depends on how good your internet connection is and how fast your computer runs, but it usually doesn’t take more than 2-3 minutes.
Can not uninstall Avast?
Sometimes it’s not possible to uninstall Avast the standard way – using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use our uninstallation utility avastclear. If you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, browse for it.
Where is Avast located on my computer?
Right-click the Avast icon in the notification area of your Windows taskbar and select About Avast. On the About Avast screen, refer to the following information which is visible at the top of the screen: Program version.
How do you uninstall Avast setup is already running?
Fixing Avast’s ‘Setup is already running’ error
- Open Avast User Interface > Settings > Troubleshooting, and remove tick mark for ‘Enable Avast self-defense module’ and click ‘OK’. …
- Now open the Task Manager, and kill the instup.exe process if running, if it’s not running, go to step 4.
How do I uninstall Avast?
Uninstall via the Windows Start menu
Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features from the menu that appears. Ensure that Apps & features is selected in the left panel, then click Avast Free Antivirus, and select Uninstall.
How do I reinstall Avast free antivirus?
Double-click the Avast setup file to begin reinstalling the program. If you no longer have the setup file, download it from the Avast website (see Resources). If you purchased Avast Pro Antivirus or Avast Internet Security, you can download the setup file again for free.
How do I reboot Avast?
In order to restart avast antivirus, go to “Start” menu and in command line type “Component services”. In the following window, click “Services (Local)”. In appeared list, right-click on “avast! Antivirus” and in the popup menu choose “Restart”.
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.