What kind of job will I do in the Guard? That’s up to you. When you enlist, you’ll choose a job—known as a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), which is Guard speak for “your job.” Every job title in the Guard has a code, using a number and letter. For example, a Cavalry Scout is MOS 19D (19 Delta).
What is the best MOS in the National Guard?
The Top 8 National Guard Careers
- # 8: 74D CBRN Specialist. …
- # 7: 92Y Unit Supply Specialist. …
- # 6: 15Q Air Traffic Control Operator. …
- # 5: 88N Transportation Management Coordinator. …
- # 4: 63 Dental Corps Officer. …
- # 3: 15 Helicopter Repair. …
- # 2: 12B Combat Engineer. …
- # 1: 42B Human Resources Officer.
What MOS are there in the National Guard?
Career Options (MOS)
- STEM Careers:
- Admin & Relations:
- Ground Defense:
- Mechanic, Maintenance, and Ordnance:
What is the coolest MOS in the Army?
10 Best Army Jobs 2021
- #6: Technical Engineer (MOS 12T)
- #5: Counterintelligence Agent (MOS 35L)
- #4: Criminal Investigations Special Agent (MOS 31D)
- #3: Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer (MOS 25S)
- #2: Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst (MOS 35G)
- #1: Cyber Operations Specialist (MOS 17C)
Can I serve full time in the National Guard?
Can I serve full-time in the Guard? Yes. The Guard has several types of full-time employees. Within each state there are full-time personnel who manage the day-to-day operations of the units in their state or territorial Guard.
What MOS Can I lat move to USMC?
This year, lat moves are needed to fill the following 10 MOSs: Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence Specialist, Imagery Analysis Specialist, Marine Squad Leader, Critical Skills Operator, Cyber Security Technician, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, Contingency Contract Specialist, Marine Corps Community …
Can I change my MOS?
Once you’ve signed, you’ll have to complete your assignment before you can make any changes. The exception is mandatory reclassification. The Army may change your MOS if you’re deemed medically unfit for a particular job. In some cases, an MOS is eliminated from the MOS structure.
What Army mos are in demand?
Current (subject to change based on Army requirements) high demand MOSs include:
- 18X (Spec Forces; Elementary Lang Proficiency)
- 37F (Psychological Operations Specialist)
- 25P (Microwave Systems Operator-Maintainer.
- 35M (Human Intelligence Collector: Lang Proficiency)
- 14P (Air Missile Defense Crew Member)
What is MOS 11B?
MOS Description. The infantryman supervises, leads, or serves as a member of an infantry activity that employs individual small arms weapons or heavy anti-armor crew served weapons, either vehicle or dismounted in support of offensive and defensive combat operations.
How long is National Guard basic training?
All National Guard members must complete 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, the same boot camp attended by full-time Army Soldiers.
Is joining the National Guard worth it?
For many individuals, joining the National Guard is a great honor. It allows you to travel to different parts of the world without being an active-duty soldier. The lessons and skills you’ll learn from the National Guard can translate into a useful experience when finding a civilian job.
What is the National Guard logo?
The modern National Guard logo, features a patriotic color scheme, the service’s official motto (“Always Ready, Always There”), and most notably a likeness of the iconic “Minutemen” who battled the British during the American Revolutionary War.