Open your McAfee software. Click the PC tile, or click the settings gear icon at the top-right corner.
How do I get to McAfee settings?
Follow the steps below to configure preferences in your McAfee security software, such as LiveSafe or Total Protection, for Mac.
- Click the McAfee M icon on your menu bar, at the top of the screen.
- Select (product name) Console. …
- Click the gear icon at the top right. …
- Choose one of the options in the Mac Security menu.
How do I open the McAfee control panel?
Open the Start menu, then open Control Panel, Programs and Features. Click Start, Search, type Programs and Features, and click Go).
- Open the Start menu, and look for the McAfee icon. …
- If McAfee is in the list, drag it from the Start menu to your desktop to create a shortcut.
How do I reset my McAfee settings?
Open your McAfee software. Click the settings gear icon at the top-right corner. Click Firewall. Click Restore Defaults.
How do I stop McAfee blocking a program?
Allow Program Access Through McAfee Personal Firewall
- Right-click the McAfee logo in the Windows Taskbar down the the time, then select “Change Settings” > “Firewall“.
- Select the “Internet Connections for Programs” option.
- Choose the program you wish to allow access, then select “Edit“.
How do I enable uTorrent on McAfee?
How to Use uTorrent With McAfee
- Click “Start,” then “Programs,” and then “McAfee Internet Security.” Video of the Day. …
- Click “Internet & Network,” and then “Configure.”
- Click “Advanced” and then “Program Permissions.”
- Scroll down to “uTorrent.” Click “Action” and then select “Allow Access.”
- Click “OK.”
How do I find my McAfee version on Windows?
Double-click the M icon in the Notification area in the lower right of your screen, or the M shortcut on your desktop. On the home screen of your security software, click My Info. Click About at the bottom of the screen. The About box displays the versions of the installed products in your McAfee software.
How do I check if my McAfee is working?
How to verify that your McAfee software features are working
- Right-click the McAfee shield icon next to the clock. If the McAfee icon isn’t visible, click the show more icons button.
- Click Check for updates.
- Wait for the update to complete. A message lets you know that you are up to date.
How do I check my McAfee status?
Click the McAfee menulet on the status bar, then select Console → Status. The Status page also displays the protection modules that are installed on your Mac and its status.
Does factory reset delete McAfee?
A System Restore doesn’t affect your documents, photographs, and other personal data files. Although your personal data is not affected, System Restore can affect many applications on your PC, including McAfee LiveSafe or Total Protection.
How do I reinstall McAfee after formatting?
Open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com.
- Click My Account in the upper right corner.
- Select the My Account option.
- Enter your McAfee user account and password.
- If you want your browser to remember your passwod ensure that the Remember Me option is selected.
- Click Log In.
How do I unblock my McAfee Antivirus Windows 10?
On the Home Page, click Firewall. Click Settings. Click Program Permissions. Select a program with Outgoing or Blocked access.
How do I know if my antivirus is blocking a program?
How to Find & See if Windows Firewall has Blocked a Program on PC
- Launch Windows Security on your PC.
- Go to Firewall & network protection.
- Go to the left panel.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Firewall.
- You will see the list of allowed and blocked programs by Windows Firewall.
How do I allow AntiVirus to allow a program?
Open Antivirus and antispyware. Select Exclusions.
- Open the “Start” menu.
- Click on “Settings.”
- In the “Find a Setting” search box, type in “Firewall.”
- Click on “Windows Firewall.”
- On the left, click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.”
- Now, the “Allowed App” windows will pop up.