The overall objective of an information security program is to protect the information and systems that support the operations and assets of the agency.
What are the 3 main security goals?
Principle 2: The Three Security Goals Are Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- Protect the confidentiality of data.
- Preserve the integrity of data.
- Promote the availability of data for authorized use.
What are the five goals of information security governance?
2.2 Security Governance Principles and Desired Outcomes
- Establish organizationwide information security. …
- Adopt a risk-based approach. …
- Set the direction of investment decisions. …
- Ensure conformance with internal and external requirements. …
- Foster a security-positive environment for all stakeholders.
Which one of the following is a primary goal of information security?
The main objectives of InfoSec are typically related to ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information.
Which security goal is the most important?
Instead, the goal of integrity is the most important in information security in the banking system. To guarantee integrity under the CIA triad, information must be protected from unauthorized modification.
What are the six outcome of information security governance?
Effective information security governance provides six basic outcomes – strategic alignment, value delivery, risk management, performance measurement, resource management, and integration.
What is the main purpose of security management?
The main aim of security management is to help make the business more successful. This can involve strategies that enhance confidence with shareholders, customers and stakeholders, through to preventing damage to the business brand, actual losses and business disruptions.
What are the benefits of information security governance?
Here is our list of key benefits:
- 1) Turn data into valuable business information. …
- 2) Dramatically reduce the costs of discovery and litigation. …
- 3) Improve compliance, reduce risk. …
- 4) Increase business agility through improved decision making. …
- 5) Increase profitability though shortened sales cycles.
What are the three main goals of security Brainly?
The Three Security Goals Are Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability.
What is the main goal of information security awareness and training?
The primary and foremost objective of any awareness program is to educate users on their responsibility to protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their organization’s information.
What are the goals or principles of network security?
The primary goal of network security are Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. These three pillars of Network Security are often represented as CIA triangle.