What are the benefits of being a security guard?
The Many Benefits of Being a Security Officer
- You Don’t Have to Sit at a Desk All Day Unless You Want To. Most security jobs will keep you on your feet. …
- The Hours Are Regular. …
- It Can Be Exciting. …
- You Will Meet a Lot of People. …
- There Will Always Be Security Officers. …
- The Training Is Not Hard. …
- It Is a Great Stepping Stone.
What are the pros and cons of being a security guard?
Top 10 Being a Security Guard Pros & Cons – Summary List
|Being a Security Guard Pros||Being a Security Guard Cons|
|You get plenty of fresh air||Ruining your reputation is pretty easy|
|You can become independent soon||Security officers have to be flexible|
|You can work for celebrities||Poor job security for security guards|
What security jobs pay the most?
Top 10 Highest-Paying Security Careers for 2020
- Chief Information Security Officer. …
- Security Architect. …
- Risk Manager. …
- Systems, Network, and/or Web Penetration Tester. …
- Network Security Engineer. …
- Network Security Administrator. …
- Cyber Crime Investigator. …
- Information Security Analyst.
How can a security guard make more money?
Three Easy Ways to EARN MORE as a Security Officer
- Training. The quickest & easiest way to earn more as a security officer is to get more training. …
- Transportation & Availability. These work hand-in-hand because your availability and having reliable transportation has a huge impact on your schedule. …
- The Right Team.
Can you make a living being a security guard?
You might start out as an unarmed guard working late nights making $10.00 an hour and slowly work your way to a position as an armed security guard transporting prisoners for a government agency where you might make $20.00 or even $30.00 an hour.
What do security guards do all day?
They observe, they care, they stay alert, they protect people, they maintain order, they see and report, and they help guests while being aware. They are trained and prepared to handle anything and everything.
How much does a security guard earn per month?
The latest Psira salary data (January 2019) shows that security guards, on average, earn substantially less than police officers. The current minimum wage ranges from R4,160 – R5,558 a month depending on their role and the geographical area they work in. This works out to an annual salary of between R50,000 – R66,700.
What is the highest-paying job without college?
What Is the Highest-Paying Job Without a Degree?
- Commercial Pilots: $121,430.
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers: $94,560.
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives: $91,090.
- Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers: $85,950.
- Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers: $84,990.
Is armed security a good career?
Some people are happy when they fulfill the requirements to become a security guard, that they do not continue their education. … Becoming an armed guard carries a few perks in the field of security. Guards that will continue their training so that they can carry a firearm will find it was worth the extra work.
What are the risks of being a security guard?
Data suggest that the most common source of injuries to security officers are, in general order:
- slips, trips, and falls;
- contact with objects/animals;
- transportation accidents;
- overexertion; and.
- exposure to harmful substances or environment.