A SuperAgent is a distributed repository which is designed to reduce the load on McAfee ePO. McAfee ePO manages how the SuperAgent is replicated. The SuperAgent caches information received from McAfee ePO, the Master Repository, an HTTP, or an FTP repository, and distributes it to the agents in its broadcast domain.
What can a super agent be used for?
A SuperAgent caches the content updates for the McAfee ePO server or distributed repository and distributes content updates to the agents in the network, reducing the wide area network traffic.
How do I set up McAfee SuperAgent?
Convert McAfee Agent to SuperAgent
- Select Menu → Systems → System Tree → Systems tab, then select the required group under System Tree. …
- Select the required system, then click Actions → Agent → Modify Policies on a Single System. …
- From the Product drop-down list, select McAfee Agent.
How do you make a SuperAgent in McAfee ePO?
Create SuperAgent policy
- Select Menu → Policy → Policy Catalog to open the Policy Catalog page.
- To duplicate the My Default policy from the Product drop-down list, select McAfee Agent, and from the Category drop-down list, select General.
- In the My Default policy row, in the Actions column, click Duplicate.
What is McAfee agent handler?
Agent Handlers route communication between agents and your McAfee ePO server. Each McAfee ePO server contains a master Agent Handler. … Helps manage an increased number of products and systems managed by a single, logical McAfee ePO server in situations where the CPU on the database server is not overloaded.
What is distributed repository in McAfee?
A distributed repository is a source for update files in your environment that can be deployed for load balancing, to configure specific update sites for network segments, or to simply avoid all machines in an environment updating directly from the ePO server.
What is a super agent distributed repository?
A SuperAgent is a distributed repository which is designed to reduce the load on McAfee ePO. … The SuperAgent caches information received from McAfee ePO, the Master Repository, an HTTP, or an FTP repository, and distributes it to the agents in its broadcast domain.
What ports does McAfee ePO use?
|Default Port||Protocol||Traffic direction|
|443||TCP||Inbound/outbound connection to/from the ePO server|
|445||SMB||Outbound connection from the ePO server|
|636||TCP||Outbound connection from the ePO server|
|1433||TCP||Outbound connection from the ePO server|
Which of the following is a valid path for creating a SuperAgent repository?
Which of the following is a valid path for creating a SuperAgent repository? Options are : C:McAfeesoftware.
What does an agent handler do?
Agent Handlers are also responsible for ensuring they handle their agents in keeping with all legal guidelines and relevant operations and safety compliance procedures, so you’ll need the ability to fully absorb these details and to maintain accurate and timely records.
What are agent handlers used to?
Agent Handlers are used to reduce the event management load on the McAfee ePO server. Through a slow or irregular connection — Agent Handlers require a relatively high speed, low latency connection to the database to deliver events sent by the agents. To save bandwidth —Agent Handlers do not save bandwidth.
How do I install McAfee agent handler in DMZ?
HOW TO SETUP A MCAFEE EPO AGENT HANDLER IN DMZ
- Build a server running Windows Server 2012 R2 and install all of the latest security patches.
- Have server placed in your company’s DMZ which should still be behind a firewall.
- Have a published DNS record created for access from internet-based agent.