From your home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type. If you choose a secured lock-screen option, select your notification preferences. Tap Set Up to set up and use fingerprints to unlock the phone in addition to a PIN, pattern, or password.
How do I change the security settings on my Samsung phone?
Turn on / off
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Lock screen and security.
- Tap Screen lock type.
- Tap one of the following options: Swipe. Pattern. PIN. Password. Fingerprint. None (To turn off screen lock.) …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the desired screen lock option.
Where do I find security settings on my Samsung phone?
On your device, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder.
- Tap Start.
- Tap Sign in when asked for your Samsung Account.
- Fill in your Samsung account credentials. …
- Select your lock type (pattern, pin or fingerprint) and tap Next.
Where do I find my security settings?
To check your security options, open settings by pulling down the notification bar and tapping the gear icon. Scroll down to security & location. Under device security, you’ll see the screen lock setting.
How do I change my security settings on my phone?
Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock to choose a new option or change your code. Depending on your device, you may also have Face unlock or Fingerprint unlock as an option here. We’ve compared Android unlock methods if you’d like more info. Tap the gear icon next to Screen lock to change a few related options.
How do I secure my Samsung Galaxy phone?
Set a screen lock
- From your home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type.
- If you choose a secured lock-screen option, select your notification preferences.
- Tap Set Up to set up and use fingerprints to unlock the phone in addition to a PIN, pattern, or password.
How do I change the privacy settings on my Android phone?
Choose your privacy settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More. Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security.
- Tap the feature that you want to update:
How do I turn off security settings?
Start the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap “Lock Screen.” Depending on which version of Android or what device you’re using, you’ll find it in a slightly different place. …
- Tap “Screen lock type” (or, in some cases, just “Screen lock”). …
- Tap “None” to disable all the security on your phone’s lock screen.
What security do Samsung phones have?
Knox platform encrypts your data so it is not exposed or vulnerable, even in the event of theft or loss. Your data remains encrypted while your device is powered off and won’t be decrypted unless you choose to unlock it. We’ve designed our Samsung mobile devices with data isolation built into every component.