Turn off the receiver and let it cool for a few hours; then try again. If the protection mode warning doesn’t go away on its own, press the reset button. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the power lead from your receiver for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. If it still doesn’t work, it’s time to take it to the dealer.
Why does my Kenwood radio keep saying protect?
Kenwood equips its receivers with a protection mode to safeguard them. Your stereo receiver is going into protection mode because the receiver has an internal short, a speaker is bad or the speaker wiring has a problem, such as incorrect wire gauge or bad connections.
How do I reset my Kenwood radio?
Kenwood Factory Reset
- Step 1: Hold Eject CD And Volume button. On the left of the CD slot, you will find the Eject CD button. …
- Step 2: Press The Reset Button. …
- Step 3: Tap the “Initialize All” button. …
- Step 4: Again, press the reset button.
How do I reset my Kenwood radio security code?
Resetting the Security Code function when the audio unit is first used after removed from the battery power source or the Reset button is pressed.
- Press the [SRC] button to turn the power ON.
- Do the step 5 through 8 operation, and enter the Security Code. “APPROVED” appears. Now, you can use the unit.
How do I get my Kenwood radio to work?
You can set up the tuner.
- Select the Tuner source. Refer to
- Press and hold the [AUDIO] button. Enter the Function setting mode.
- Use the [Control knob] to select “SETTINGS”. …
- Use the [Control knob] to select a Tuner setting item. …
- Use the [Control knob] to select a setting.
How do I start my radio after changing the battery?
The most common reason for a car radio to stop working after the battery has gone completely dead is that the radio has an anti-theft “feature” that kicks in whenever battery power is removed. When that happens, all you have to do is enter the right car radio code, and you’re back in business.
What does ATT mean on Kenwood radio?
The Attenuation (ATT) function is designed to mute the car stereo when you receive a telephone call.
Why did my car radio suddenly stop working?
Blown Fuse: One of the most common reasons for a car radio to stop working is a blown fuse. If the radio itself will not turn on, chances are good that there’s one or more blown fuses causing the problem. … A damaged antenna means that your radio isn’t able to receive signal from stations.
How do I reset my car radio?
Remove the faceplate from your car stereo. Press the RESET button on the front panel using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
How do you bypass a Kenwood radio code?
How to Bypass the Kenwood 5120
- Enter your car and insert your key into the vehicle’s ignition. …
- Press and hold the “Add” and “Track Up” buttons on your stereo system at the same time.
- Hold the buttons until the display reads a blank screen with four dashes.
- Release the two buttons and enter your code using your remote.
How do I connect my Kenwood radio to my music?
Connecting to the Car Audio System
- Start KENWOOD Music Control application.
- Tap on [ ] to display the Slide menu.
- Select [Preference ] [Auto output] or [Output right now] of “Analyzed data output settings” to output the song information. →Settings. …
- Connect your Android device to the car audio system using a USB cable.
Why am I not getting power to my stereo?
The most likely cause of a stereo not powering up is a blown fuse. Other causes can be a short in the wiring or other wiring problems. Cars are unforgiving environments for electronics, and vibration, heat and dust can all cause premature failure. Vibration can cause wiring to become loose.