How do I restrict editing from a PowerPoint presentation?
To protect your document:
- Click the File tab to go to Backstage view.
- From the Info pane, click the Protect Presentation command.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the option that best suits your needs. …
- A dialog box will appear prompting you to save. …
- Another dialog box will appear. …
- The presentation will be marked as final.
How do I disable editing in PowerPoint?
After you click Mark as Final to mark a file as final, a message tells you that the file is marked as final to discourage editing. In your Word, PowerPoint, or Excel file, click File >Info > Protect (Document, Presentation, or Workbook) > Mark as Final.
Can you make a PowerPoint read only?
Open the desired PowerPoint presentation, and click on the “File” tab. Next, click on the “Info” tab from the options presented on the left part of the screen. Select the “Protect Presentation” option. From the dropdown, select “Always Open Read-Only“.
Can you lock things in PowerPoint?
To lock an object in PowerPoint for Windows, users will need to right-click the shape and then select the “Lock” option available in the context menu. Finally, users will be able to unlock any object by heading to the Selection pane and clicking the “Unlock” icon available next to the object name.
How do I protect a PowerPoint presentation from editing 2020?
Add password protection to a file
- Select File > Info.
- Select Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password.
- In the Password box, enter the password you’d like to use. Select OK.
- PowerPoint prompts you to confirm the password by entering it once more.
- Save the file to ensure the password takes effect.
How do I lock a PowerPoint presentation that is read-only?
How to make PowerPoint Read-only and uneditable
- Open the presentation you want to make read-only.
- Find and click on Info.
- Protect your presentation.
- Select Always Open Read-Only.
How can I open a password protected PowerPoint?
Step 1: Open PowerPoint Presentation with password. Step 2: Click on File > Info > Protect Presentation, select “Encrypt with password”. Step 3: Erase password from the text box, and click on OK. Save this PPT file, and then the next time you can open the PowerPoint file without password.
How do I lock individual slides in PowerPoint?
To lock the slides, click the File tab in PowerPoint and choose the Protect Presentation command in the Info pane. In the drop-down menu, select Mark as Final. That will set your presentation in read-only mode.
How do I lock an object in PowerPoint 2019?
To lock a shape or object in PowerPoint, users can go to Selection Pane (under Shapes) and select the “Lock” option, or right-click over the object to lock and then click Lock option, which is available in the context menu.
Can you lock an image on PowerPoint?
How to lock objects in PowerPoint? With PPT Productivity’s PowerPoint Shape Locker function you can lock any object, shape, image or placeholder on a slide. ‘Locking’ the object prevents you (or others!) from accidentally moving it. With the shape locker feature you can lock a picture in PowerPoint.