What is a person being protected called?
guard Add to list Share. A person who protects something is called a guard. You might see a security guard at the mall, a crossing guard on the street outside a school, or a palace guard at Buckingham Palace.
What does protecting someone mean?
To protect someone or something means to prevent them from being harmed or damaged.
How do you protect something or someone?
- protect. verb. to keep someone or something safe from harm, injury, damage, or loss.
- defend. verb. to protect someone or something from attack.
- save. verb. …
- stand up for. phrasal verb. …
- guard. verb. …
- shield. verb. …
- watch over. phrasal verb. …
- safeguard. verb.
Who is a person who protects a country?
The word patriot signifies a person who loves his or her country and is ready to boldly support and defend it. … This ultimately led to the discrediting of the loyalty and steadfastness associated with the word patriot.
What is the similar meaning of protect?
Some common synonyms of protect are defend, guard, safeguard, and shield. While all these words mean “to keep secure from danger or against attack,” protect implies the use of something (such as a covering) as a bar to the admission or impact of what may attack or injure. a hard hat to protect your head.
How can I protect my friend?
Protect Your Friends
- Keep your friends close by — in your sight, if possible.
- Monitor your friends’ behavior. …
- If you see or hear that someone is drugging a drink or a punch bowl, warn others.
- Tell your friends about the high-risk places and situations where these drugs have been known to be used.
How do you use protect?
Protect sentence example
- They are elected or appointed to protect the rights of the citizens, yet they become the agents of their death. …
- I’ll protect you as I always have. …
- He wanted to protect her and preserve her innocence. …
- A woman has a right to protect herself – any way she can.
When to Use Protect or protects?
The word you use is protect. Babies are protected against diseases like measles by their mother’s milk. She had his umbrella to protect her from the rain.
What is the Syllabication of protects?
Wondering why protects is 2 syllables?
Why do I want to protect everyone?
Saviors often feel driven to save others because they believe no one else can. … Maybe you don’t really believe you’re all-powerful. But believing you have the ability to rescue someone or improve their life comes from a similar place. This belief can also imply a sense of superiority.
What do you call a person who looks after others?
Someone who is altruistic always puts others first. An altruistic firefighter risks his life to save another’s life, while an altruistic mom gives up the last bite of pie so her kid will be happy.
Who looks after an apartment?
A caretaker, or resident unit manager, looks after the common property and body corporate assets.